This is a game for any number of people. It's usually
played with a large ball, like a basketball, and needs a big playing
1. Choose two people to go on the ends. Everyone
else goes in the middle.
2. The people on the ends take turns to throw
the ball at the people in the middle. Anyone in the middle who is
touched by the ball is out.
3. If a person on the end throws the ball,
and someone in the middle catches it before it touches the ground,
the person who caught it gets a life. This means that the next time
they get hit by the ball, they don't have to go out. Each life can
only be used once.
4. If a person on one end throws the ball
straight to the person on the other end and she catches it before
it touches the ground, she calls out "FREEZE!" and everyone
in the middle must stop where they are without moving. They're not
allowed to move again until the person on the end has thrown the
5. The game continues until there is only
one person left in the middle, or until everyone is out. The last
two players to go out are on the ends for the next game.
RULES FOR POISON BALL:
1. If you're in the middle and you get hit
by the ball you have to go out, unless you have a life saved for
2. You can get a life by catching the ball
when the person on the end throws it, without letting it touch the
3. You can have more than one life. If you
catch the ball three times in a row you get three lives.
4. When you get a life, you can choose to
save it for yourself or give it to someone who's out. If you give
it to someone who's out, they're in again, and come back into the